Warning: This may contain some graphic content, so for those with weak stomachs and bad gag reflexes, this may not be for you.
While we're on the subject of Sunday talks, and young families (please refer to pineapple princess and somewhere in time blogs) let me take you back a few weeks to our day-before-Veteran's-Day Sunday program. Being Veteran's Day, the hubby was aked to speak a little about his service. While we're loading in the van to go to church, of course, the middle child has to mess his diaper. We can't be late because Dad is speaking so when we get to church, Mom has to run #2 to the bathroom for a diaper change. Meanwhile, the RS president grabs one baby and Dad hands the other two off to another family so he can take his seat on the stand. K- so one fresh diaper and we're good to go, right? Wrong. The hubby was the first to speak and was doing such a wonderful job. I'm sitting there trying to pay attention, as much as my kids will let me. The lady next to me has Ziki and I'm thinking (but not too much because I really want to hear my hubby's talk) maybe I should warn her that Ziki hasn't pooped for a couple of days. Passing thought. Hubby was talking about how we have 4 boys that are still so young and how nice it is that we can feel comfortable having a place like this to just hand our kids off to people when he has to get up and speak. Next thing I know, this lady is motioning for a wipe, or two, or three. I look over and her son, who had been taking his turn holding Ziki, has poop (and not just a little, a whole bunch) all over in his lap, on the bench, and his Mom grabs Ziki who still has poop oozing out the back of his diaper so she's getting it in her lap (is that why they invented onsies? Maybe I should have put one on him). If that wasn't bad enough, this boy and his sister next to him are gagging. Their mother is trying to clean up her son because I can't (didn't want to try cleaning up his lap) and nudging them to stop gagging. I'm thinking, 'oh please don't throw up. Please don't throw up. We don't need poop and barf all over.' Well, they didn't throw up (almost, though), but they did have to get up and go home to change their clothes, and I missed most of the hubby's talk (who is oblivious to everything that is going on, by the way. He's just thinking that the huge grin on my face means I'm loving his talk. He did hear someone gagging though). I'm just glad the RS president didn't have Ziki. She had on such a beautiful dress and guess who was conducting in relief society?
Oh, Please don't throw up! Please don't throw up! I warned you.
My New Favorite Quote:
"All can walk where Jesus walked when, with His words on our lips, His spirit in our hearts, and His teachings in our lives, we journey through mortality. I would hope that we would walk as he walked with confidence in the future, with an abiding faith in His Father, and with a genuine love for others." President Thomas S. Monson
Sunday, December 9, 2007
Sunday talks, young families, and perfect timing
reporting live Here at home at 9:40 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)



4 now let's hear it from you:
So I should have listened to your warning because I am in the middle of eating breakfeast!!! I can usually handle things of that nature but being prego and all really doesn't help in the vomit dept! I just ran to the BR and, ya know.....ya! So maybe your warning should have read "Warning: This may contain some graphic content, so for those with weak stomachs and bad gag reflexes, this may not be for you. [Or if your name is Amberlee, you are eating breakfeast, your pregnant and you think you can handle something of this nature....think again, you can't so don't even try to read this]!" That was truly very gross indeed! I don't think a onsie would have helped in this situation though!
Amber did you really throw up? That was worth the whole blog right Sharbear?
I had a similar experience with Jordan when she was a baby. I was sitting (oh wait, amber this is gross too)in a group of people and Jordan started filling her diaper and it started coming out everywhere! It was all over the papers that I had in my lap, all over my hands because I was trying to stop it from getting everywhere. I couldn't stand up or it would have dripped all over the floor. Everyone just sat there and looked at me. After what seemed like about 10 minutes some lady asked me if I needed some paper towels. Uh yeah about 10 minutes ago thanks! It was truly awful and I swore if I ever saw this happen to someone else, I would probably just watch too!
I really did....I hadn't thrown up yet this pregnancy but had come close a few times when Sampson vomited on the rug a few times about a week ago.....aweful!!! So thanks Sharon! LOL
I about died reading that! How horrible! Then I about died laughing from what all happened and the comments. Okay, too much information already! There was one time my brother's son had a blow out all over him at church. It got on his winter coat and everything, as I recall. It was pretty gross, and he had to go home and change too. Yeah, let's just say, poop happens! Let's just hope this kind of poop doesn't happen too often. :-) Tami
Post a Comment