My New Favorite Quote:

"All can walk where Jesus walked when, with His words on our lips, His spirit in our hearts, and His teachings in our lives, we journey through mortality. I would hope that we would walk as he walked with confidence in the future, with an abiding faith in His Father, and with a genuine love for others." President Thomas S. Monson

Wednesday, November 18, 2009

New kitchen? Or just new paint?

When we first looked at this house, I really liked the red checkered wall paper in the kitchen - until little kids started slowly picking at it. That's when I decided it had to go. I already had an idea what I wanted. No, the kids didn't pick at it that bad, that is where we tore off the trim - just a little more than wallpaper came off with it.I put the waynes coat up several months ago. With the help of my mother, we botched our way through it. I learned that it really helps to have the proper tools if you want it done right.
Then it was all about deciding how to paint. Whatever we did, it would have to include this wall in the front room because of the huge space at the top of the room dividers.
After months of looking at greasy handprints all over the waynes coating that wouldn't wash off, I couldn't stand it any longer. Cory had 5 days off last week. It was time to paint.









Cory worked hard to help and did a great job. I love our new look. It gives the kitchen and front room a whole new feel. If you happen to come over and see it, please enjoy it from a distance. Don't look too closely or you might see all the little flaws everywhere. We are so not professionals. It's not easy to get straight lines when you are doing two-tone painting. Nor is it easy measuring and cutting waynes coat to fit perfectly in all the little spaces and around outlets. So, please, if you happen to notice it all, just smile and say you like it anyway.
Our next project will be a tile backsplash.

8 now let's hear it from you:

Abby said...

Oooh yes, I love it. Now I must ask, did you get rid of pappy too?

Rachel said...

It looks great! I love it when people just go for it, instead of hiring someone else. It might not be as professional, but hey, it's adventurous, brave and cool. It looks great in the photos:).

Sassy said...

Beautiful!! I like that picture on the wall. We contemplated getting it, but we got one of Christ instead.

Hugs from mom said...

I think it turned out great! I'm always so afraid to take on big projects like that, but it looks so good I might give it a try.

Matt said...

I think it looks really nice. I'm looking forward to seeing the finished project. It always makes you feel good when you can look back at what you did and see the finished product.

still in the process... said...

that looks great!!! When you want to come do my family room let me know...

Woolcott Family said...

It looks fabulous! You guys did a great job? Fancy doing my kitchen?

OUR CHAOTIC CLAN said...

Sharon!! It's beautiful!! You guys did a great job! I love it and I love your clock!