My New Favorite Quote:

"All can walk where Jesus walked when, with His words on our lips, His spirit in our hearts, and His teachings in our lives, we journey through mortality. I would hope that we would walk as he walked with confidence in the future, with an abiding faith in His Father, and with a genuine love for others." President Thomas S. Monson

Monday, November 2, 2009

Halloween, 2009

My four cute little boys.

I've decided I don't like Halloween much. Yeah, I know. I'm no fun. After hitting about three houses Sat. night, I was ready to be done with trick-or-treating. Candy is just what my boys needed when they're still getting over swine flu (yes, I'm pretty sure we had it, and we survived. Not quite the national emergency they're making it out to be. Those coughs are pretty nasty, though). The boys had fun, though. Isaac and Ben were not quite sure what was going on at first, but quickly figured out how to push their way in and hold out their bags for candy. They were wanting to eat it all as they went. After they all went to bed Halloween night, I went through their bags, and threw a whole bunch away. Is that mean? Cory thought so. I so don't like the sticky messes or the wrappers everywhere. Anyway, I'm sure I won't be able to get away with that for many more years.
And now I get to look foward to Thanksgiving and Christmas. Bring it on!

6 now let's hear it from you:

Sassy said...

It's not mean at all. I make my kids pick 10 pieces and we put it in a ziploc baggie. The rest will be donated to a group that sends the candy to deployed soldiers in care packages. It goes to the school Wednesday!! It's all hidden!

Abby said...

Halloween is awesome. You need to come down my way and do the trunk or treat. its only like 15 minutes or something like that and they have a whole pumpkin full of candy. I threw a bunch of my kids candy away as well. Sheridy has the Halloween fairies come. If they leave their candy by the fireplace when they go to bed, when they wake up the Halloween fairies took all the candy but left a crisp one dollar bill. Her kids love it. Anyway, bottom line, Halloween rocks!!!! Maybe someday you'll catch the vision. However, I am totally stoked for Thanksgiving and Christmas now.

OUR CHAOTIC CLAN said...

Gosh, in just the short time I've been following your cute blog I can't believe how fast your gorgeous kids are growing. What cuties!!! I too am looking forward to Thanksgiving and Christmas.

The Leishman's said...

How cute! Your kids are flippin' cute!!! Halloween was tiring for me this year.. Im just glad my kids had a blast!! Christmas is like 52 days away~ holy smokes ;) Miss ya!

Michael and Natalia said...

I love the picture of your kids in their costumes! They are sooo cute!

Thank you so much for leaving a comment on our blog today. It meant a lot. You are an amazing friend, Sharon.

Janelle said...

They are so cute! How fun!