How often do you clean your house just to have the kids undo everything 5 minutes later?
It happens to me all the time. Sometimes I wonder why I even bother. But then today, as I finished up the bathroom, my 4 year old exclaimed: "Hey Mom, you've worked really hard to clean the house up nice. Thanks, Mom."
Then I heard him telling his younger brother: "Mom's cleaned the house up so nice. She worked so hard", as they run off to make more messes.
True story.
I guess it can be worth it sometimes.



6 now let's hear it from you:
Awww. Gawrsh. That is soo cute. Sometimes the little ones will say something that makes everything you do worth it. Good job Sam.
You need photos to prove you actually clean your house. Since it only lasts 5 minutes, nobody will believe me that I clean my house. Sometimes I clean my house.
Wow! Way to go, Ammon!
Okay, you've made it through the first step--them actually noticing that you've cleaned. Now if you could just make it through step 2--that actually meaning something to them enough to act accordingly, in other words for them to not mess it back up in 5 minutes--at least give you 10! ;-)
Good job getting noticed. Good luck with step 2! :-)
I worked really hard to mop my floors today with my fall-apart mop and then I had 4 darling boys come over to see. They were so kind to notice...and mess it up. JK. I was expecting one of my 5 kids to do it anyway.
He learned it from his dad right? His dad always notices AND then verbalizes, right?!
His wife is gonna really love that!
Ya wanna send that 4-year-old over to my house to teach my boys a thing or two?
Post a Comment