And this years award goes to:
GRANDPA GOOCH
for his many years of
taking the grand kids on walks to the park, or the post office, or the train tracks, or the resevoir to play in the mud
playing in the leaves or snow or rain or sunshine or sprinklers with the grand kids
all the piggy back/horse/shoulder rides
teaching them to use their imaginations by saving stuff like computer parts for the kids to tinker with and take apart with grandpa
reading/making up stories to the grand kids
knowing how to make the kids laugh
knowing how to calm a crying baby
being the most fun baby sitter there ever was
just being there to support them in school plays, birthdays, blessings, baptisms, priesthood ordinations, weddings, tooth pulling, holidays, or whatever the occasion may be
setting an example of love, service and sacrifice
Grandpa Gooch is truly the best grandpa in the world.
We love you Grandpa. Thank you for just being there.



9 now let's hear it from you:
He is the best - a real keeper, and I am so fortunate to have him for my eternal sweetheart. WoW
Don't forget to share him with me.
He is alwalys so much fun when we "intrude" on the family get togethers and the kids just love him. Last time we came, Jeremy asked me if that "fun old guy that gets down on the ground and plays with us" is going to be there. Kudos to you Grandpa Gooch!
He really is a great grandpa--oh, wait, maybe I should have said fabulous grandpa. As far as we know he's not a great grandpa yet. Unless Katie isn't telling us something... ;-)
What prompted this post? It's not his birthday anymore, unless this is a late birthday post. :-)
Tami, I was trying to decide if I should just do another post, or just answer your question here. I will just answer here.
We were out at G&G Gooches the other day just hanging out. I was just having so much fun watching Grandpa play with my kids. He had saved a computer part and was tinkering with it with the boys, letting them take it apart and put it together again. He took them for a walk to the post office and read stories to them. I was just thinking what an awesome grandpa he is and hence, the post.
Yeah, o.k., rub it in...
I'm almost finished single handedly building a new house for dad and mom on my property here in good ol NC. Its 12,000 square feet, the toilets clean themselves, clothes dont get dirty here, and we just eat manna off the ground- no cooking here. The house is fully furnished and decorated, tuscan style, and there are walking paths galore.
I hope you won't miss them too bad when they move here, but there is plenty of room in the house for you to visit every couple of years.
Grandpa Gooch told me they are moving here next week- cool, huh? I assume you are helping them pack- I know they will appreciate all your help!
I was just thinking the same thing about him when I was there last. He is the best!
Shellie, we have built that same house here hoping you would move out here. Maybe someday.
I really think that mom will be afraid of the poisonous snakes and the humidity will be bad for the complexion of dad's bald head. Utah's winters are obviously to severe and thus the Arizona Orange Grove villa awaits. Grandchildren included.
Post a Comment