My New Favorite Quote:

"All can walk where Jesus walked when, with His words on our lips, His spirit in our hearts, and His teachings in our lives, we journey through mortality. I would hope that we would walk as he walked with confidence in the future, with an abiding faith in His Father, and with a genuine love for others." President Thomas S. Monson

Saturday, June 12, 2010

My own personal beauticians

I've been taking it easy this week, reading a couple of books to help pass the time. I don't know about you, but when Mom takes it easy, the boys do, too. The other day as I was sitting there reading, Ammon sat down and cuddled up next to me. Next thing I know, he is combing my hair. Sam sees this and has to join in. They were going back and forth from the bathroom, getting the combs wet. They wanted to make me beautiful. Humoring them, I allowed them to continue. It just escalated from there. I was half paying attention when Ammon started spraying my hair with hairspray. Next thing I know, he's shoving my toothbrush covered with toothpaste in my mouth. Then they started getting this bright idea to put my makeup on. I said no to the mascara. By then, all four boys were in on the fun. I wish I could have had a picture of all of them gathered around me applying my eyeshadow. Ammon was a little disappointed when he couldn't find the lipstick, but undeterred, he ran in my room and brought out my pearl ring. They just kept looking for more. After he insisted on blow drying my hair that wasn't even wet, I was finally beautiful.
They are such doting boys. What would I do without them.

2 now let's hear it from you:

Abby said...

That's right you better be resting!! You're boys are so cute. I'm glad that they dote on you. hopefully they'll keep doting when they are teenagers.

Leesa Marie Jones said...

That's hilarious. We would all have loved a picture of "beautiful you" too!!