Being pregnant and not feeling so good has a way of making me feel sort of less attractive. Now, I'm only stating this because anyone who has been pregnant knows exactly how what I'm talking about. I can feel every pound I gain. I can feel my stomach stretching. My feet look like they're already starting to swell and so is my face. It doesn't help when I get people telling me I look tired, or a little green under the gills, or that I really should go home and get some rest. I wish I could say I love being pregnant. Quite frankly, right now, I don't love it. My problem is not that I can't eat. It's that the constant hunger pains never go away, even after I just ate. I feel like all I do is eat and by the end of the day, I am so sick of food, yet if I don't eat something, I get nauseous. As hard as I've tried to eat 6 smaller, more healthy meals, it hasn't always worked. I'm afraid the pounds are still finding me.
So when my sweet innocent little 4 yr. old told me last night, "Mom, your private is a little fat," I didn't know if I should laugh or cry. I thought I should get some clarification as to what he meant by 'private' and a 'little fat'.
Me: "What do you mean, my private is a little fat?"
Sam in his innocence: "Yeah, in the back. You know. Right here (as he points to his behind).
Me: "Oh, you mean my butt is fat?"
Sam: "Yep. A little fat."
So, there you have it. My butt is a little fat. Cory just looked at me, trying to gage his reaction according to mine. He knew he had to be careful. I think I just sort of a half laughed, half cried. I'll have to admit, it was funny. Kind of. I just thought, what's he going to say when the rest of me balloons out?
Thank goodness the worst is almost over. At least I'm starting to feel better and don't feel the need to eat all the time. Today I'm actually not so grumpy and I may even have some energy to clean my house, maybe even take a walk and try to lose some of my fat butt.
My New Favorite Quote:
"All can walk where Jesus walked when, with His words on our lips, His spirit in our hearts, and His teachings in our lives, we journey through mortality. I would hope that we would walk as he walked with confidence in the future, with an abiding faith in His Father, and with a genuine love for others." President Thomas S. Monson
Wednesday, June 2, 2010
A little fat
reporting live Here at home at 9:03 AM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)



6 now let's hear it from you:
I'm so sorry. I feel your pain. I just told my kids that my bum gets bigger like my belly because it feels bad. It's just trying to be fair. They all laughed really hard. I still felt like crying, despite the joke.
I love your kids, Sharon. Sweet, innocent boys. If it makes you feel better, you look great in the picture below!
This is also my least favorite stage of pregnancy (and I LOVE being pregnant!), because you are still not supposed to "show" for a few more weeks, but all the clothes are already getting too tight. It is very similar to when your baby turns 4-6 months old. You are "supposed to be" skinny again, but the reality is, you're still BIG & HEAVY (or at least I am).
Hang in there, you don't want to be thin when you are pregnant. I'm sure you'll get your figure back. You already did it several times. Have a happy and healthy pregnancy!
i love my kids comments like that... mine ask me if i was having three babies (pointing to my chest and belly), they also informed me that my butt was getting bigger than my belly... Those were just a few. Good luck, and congrats again.
I love how honest kids are! I'm feeling like a whale right now myself! My kids just think it's awesome to have a large pillow to lay their heads on. You are getting fat for a reason...remember that. Pretty soon your butt will look small compared to your belly!!
I feel your frustration. Ian and I are expecting in September and no matter how much people tell you fat and pregnant are not the same thing, you just feel big! Hang in there you'll get out of the really terrible time soon enough!
That is the cutest story!! I know what you mean about feeling every pound though!
Here's my thoughts about you.... You are an amazing Mother, your kids are so lucky! You are raising the army of Helaman. Wow! Your posts always amaze me,
p.s. your a great writer.
Post a Comment