My New Favorite Quote:

"All can walk where Jesus walked when, with His words on our lips, His spirit in our hearts, and His teachings in our lives, we journey through mortality. I would hope that we would walk as he walked with confidence in the future, with an abiding faith in His Father, and with a genuine love for others." President Thomas S. Monson

Sunday, December 6, 2009

The Ziki Spectacular

We've had a bit of excitment at our house today! Ziki is well on his way to joining the ranks of underwear sporting, haynes-his-way toddlers. And he is EXCITED about his undies. Who knew when we woke up this morning that this would be the day potty training would begin for Ziki.
It just happened that way, and I'm more than okay with that. There's no turning back now.
Ziki has worn underwear all day with no accidents except during naptime. It's been quite a spectacle with 3 other little boys all crowding around the toilet to watch the show and cheer him on. Ziki is enjoying all the fuss. All day I've wondered if this is some kind of fluke, until he told me himself twice he needed to go peepee and he really did. Of course we have a great motivator called the gumball machine. He'll stand there for 10 minutes trying to pee just so he can put a penny in the gumball machine and watch the gumball roll out.
Now, I realize I can't hold my breath, yet. This is only day one, mind you. We still have to make it through naptime, and bedtime and #2 on the potty and many more days of making sure he goes when he needs to.
And then there is Ben. He's not quite there yet. Cross our fingers he'll follow suit very quickly. He's hightly jealous of that gumball machine.
Oh, happy days! I think I'm just a little more than excited. Do you know how much a month this will save us on diapers!

3 now let's hear it from you:

OUR CHAOTIC CLAN said...

Ah, How exciting!! I love the gumball machine idea. I'll have to share that with my friends. Good job Ziki! Keep up the good work!

Abby said...

That is great!! Go Ziki!! I locve whn they sdecide to do things on their own.

Debbie said...

I had to laugh much at these last two posts since I have recently been through the potty training thing with my daughter, who one day decided that the was going to use the potty. I think it is great that your boys have decided to do it on there own as well. I almost fear trying to potty train my boy since I still have no idea what to do.