My New Favorite Quote:

"All can walk where Jesus walked when, with His words on our lips, His spirit in our hearts, and His teachings in our lives, we journey through mortality. I would hope that we would walk as he walked with confidence in the future, with an abiding faith in His Father, and with a genuine love for others." President Thomas S. Monson

Sunday, December 20, 2009

Santa Claus is watching . . .

I'm not so excited for Christmas to be over this year. I want it to drag out just a little longer. Why? When the threat of noses in the corner, or time out in their bedrooms doesn't work - when 1, 2, 3, spanking or yelling doesn't work for little kids who don't behave, there is one thing that works like magic every time - picking up the phone and threatening to call Santa.
It works like this:
Mom: "Sam, give that back to your brother, now! One. TWO! Okay. Fine, let's call Santa."

Sam: "Nooooooooooooo! Don't call Santa," as he promptly hands over the stolen toy.

Mom: "Ammon, put your nose in that corner right now! NOW! RIGHT NOW! Okay, let's call Santa."
Ammon: "Wahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh! I don't want you to call Santa," as he scurries to the corner.
Magic, I tell ya. I don't know what I'm going to do when I can't use Santa anymore.

2 now let's hear it from you:

Abby said...

I know. It'll be tough. We're gonig to have to figure something out.

Wendoyoublog in Colorado said...

This is when my kids are on the best behavior...when I am Christmas shopping and leave them at home.