This is Katie. She is my sister's daughter, so I guess that would make her my niece. She grew up in far, far away North Carolina. That means I didn't get to see her but once every 2 or 3 or 4 years. That's why it was so fun being able to have her close enough to throw her a sort of hurried-and-put-together-bridal shower/s*x talk with Grandma, Mom and the aunts.
The wedding took place today in the Salt Lake Temple.
This is Katie and Tyler, the new bride and groom.
Isn't she a beautiful bride?
The weather was almost perfect. It was bright and sunny, just a little chilly was all. The snow on the trees and ground was so awesome.
It was such a great feeling to be there in the temple with her and Tyler. They are perfect for each other.The sealer gave some great advice (which is probably more for the benefit of those in attendance than for the bride and groom because they aren't listening and won't remember a word he said). It took me back to when Cory and I were married. We heard some similar counsel in our sealing- that of praying together as a couple and individually morning and night. Wow. We haven't been so good at that one, but it inspired me to do better. Anyway, as they knelt together at the alter to be sealed for time and all eternity, it was such a peaceful, beautiful feeling. In our day when the foundation of marriage and family are being attacked and made a mockery of, it gave me hope. Marriage between a man and woman is ordained of God and nothing will ever change that. Katie and Tyler are an example of what love should be. Matthew 16: 19 "And I will give unto thee the keys of the kingdom of heaven: and whatsoever thou shalt bind on earth shall be bound in heaven: and whatsoever thou shalt loose on earth shall be loosed in heaven." I know that they can be together for ever because of the sealing covenants they made in the temple today. I just know it.
What a beautiful day.



4 now let's hear it from you:
That is awesome. I am glad the weather cooperated with you.
THANK YOU SOOOOOOO MUCH, SHARON, FOR POSTING THESE PICTURES! I was really feeling kind of bummed yesterday that we couldn't be there and part of everything, not even really knowing what was going on all day or being able to witness any of it. This helps so much to be able to see a little bit of it. They do make a beautiful couple. I'm glad it was a nice day, too.
So it really happened, eh?! ;-)
I'm with Tamster, thank you so much for posting the pics. Just when we thought it was impossible for her to be more beautiful. . .a happy bride is a wonderful sight!
Congrats Katie and Tyler.
Yea,I am so glad you did photos and that beautiful post. What a beautiful testimony of marriage. I am so happy for them and wished I could have been there.
Post a Comment