My New Favorite Quote:

"All can walk where Jesus walked when, with His words on our lips, His spirit in our hearts, and His teachings in our lives, we journey through mortality. I would hope that we would walk as he walked with confidence in the future, with an abiding faith in His Father, and with a genuine love for others." President Thomas S. Monson

Wednesday, November 26, 2008

Happy Thanksgiving!

So, I have this notebook that I got in Relief Society a couple of weeks ago. It's supposed to be my gratitude journal. I haven't been very good at recording in it. I have, however gotten it out  a few times and had the boys list what they are grateful for.

Here is Tuesday's list (only a few of which were prompted by me). Whatever Ammon was grateful for, Sam was grateful for, too:

Airplanes, toys, helicopters, ships, books, backpacks, school (they're not even in school, yet), Santa Clause, sight (mom prompted), mouth (mom prompted), letters, jets, my name, black hawks, cups of milk, beds, clothes, Dad and Mom and Sam and Isaac and Ben (all mom prompted), "I love Kenny and Justin and balls and toys from their house" (Ammon's exact words. We were just at our friend Paulette's house for dinner the night before playing with Justin and Kenny), babies, food, and Heavenly Father and Jesus.

They loved doing the list so much that they had to do it again today. I told them they had to come up with different things, nothing was prompted this time:

Heavenly Father and Jesus, Thanksgiving, Songs - I am a Child of God, Grandma and Grandpa (okay, so that one was prompted), Grandma Cindy, scriptures, books, Kierstyn, Gabriel (cousins who live far, far away), playdoh, Amberlee (my sister who also lives far, far away), food, my neighborhood, friends, primary and nursery, my teachers, church, chairs to sit on, my name, the chapel, my neighbors, houses, pencils, coloring books, crayons, bed, tinkerbell, princesses, and kings, a prophet-President Monson (prompted).

I sent them off to play only to have them come running in the house two minutes later yelling "I'm grateful for grass and weeds and flowers and trampoline, and table."

I guess I need to learn to be grateful for the weeds.

3 now let's hear it from you:

Wendoyoublog in Colorado said...

oh good, now i know who to send my weeds to.

Happy Thanksgiving, thanks for sharing.

Love ya, and thanks for coming.

Abby said...

Every year we sit down and talk about what we are thankful for. Jeremy always rolls his eyes and sighs "i'm thankful for my family." i'm brainwashing him early.

Tamster said...

What! No Uncle Jeremy or Aunt Tami in that list? Just Amberlee and her kids, eh?! Ah ha! I see how it is now; you love Amberlee more than the rest of us! You are brainwashing it into their little heads to just talk about her! The truth comes out! And here I thought Uncle Jeremy was their favorite! ;-)