My New Favorite Quote:

"All can walk where Jesus walked when, with His words on our lips, His spirit in our hearts, and His teachings in our lives, we journey through mortality. I would hope that we would walk as he walked with confidence in the future, with an abiding faith in His Father, and with a genuine love for others." President Thomas S. Monson

Wednesday, July 16, 2008

Ute Stampede 2008

If there is anyone who knows how to throw a party and have fun, it's my cute SiL, Abby. When she plans something, she goes above and beyond. No one prepares like she does. For instance, it was Ute Stampede time in good ol' Nephi, Ut, and she planned a huge party with water slides, slip and slides, food, music, etc. She sent out letters to all involved with their food assignments. She had a list of activities and things we may want to bring to make it more fun.

4th, ute stampede 1404th, ute stampede 130

4th, ute stampede 142 4th, ute stampede 135 The weekend arrived and I loaded up the kids for a trip to Mona/Nephi. You have to know that when it's Stampede time, it's a three day celebration with a each day. Friday was the Mammoth parade. We don't really care about the horse parade or the bathing beauty parade. It's the candy and the floats we want to see. The cousins had a blast waiting for candy. As soon as they would see the next parade participant throwing out treasures, they would run out into the road to catch what they could.

4th, ute stampede 1444th, ute stampede 1464th, ute stampede 157

Saturday was the day. I dressed the kiddos in their swim wear and headed over to Abby's. We spent all day in the sun and water. I wish I could say the boys enjoyed the slide. As you can see, they didn't find it very fun. They were more excited to play in the dirt with the dump trucks and flinstone car. Needless to say, we did have a lot of fun, though. It was fun for the boys to play with their cousins and aunts and uncles. The food was delicious. Matt got up in the early am to get the bbq pork in the crock pot. Way to go, Matt. The food was great, the company a pleasure, the sun nice and warm and the water nice and cool.4th, ute stampede 148 4th, ute stampede 1594th, ute stampede 152 4th, ute stampede 180

That night was the big Rodeo. You haven't seen a rodeo until you've been to the Ute Stampede. It's the biggest, baddest rodeo around. Abby even made us some awesome T-shirts to wear for the rodeo. Anyway, the plan was to take the two oldest boys and leave the babies with Aunt Bonnie or Susie. Susie was kind enough to offer to take all four of them so that Bonnie and Rob could come with me. That worked out much better. So, there I was, footloose and fancy free. No kids. No husband (he was at drill). I felt a little lost, not quite sure what to do with myself. 4th, ute stampede 181

Especially with this strange man trying to get in the picture with me.4th, ute stampede 182Sorry, Matt. Cory is better looking. It wasn't quite as enjoyable without Cory, but I'm so glad I didn't have to worry about the kids. They had played so hard the whole day, I don't think they would have enjoyed it so much. It was really nice to just be me, for a minute. So, thanks Abby, for all you put into making a great party. Thanks Susie for taking my kids so that I could enjoy that time to myself with Bonnie and Rob and Cory's family.

4th, ute stampede 184

5 now let's hear it from you:

Abby said...

You are very welcome, it was a blast. I think I enjoyed the slide more than the kids. The food was good, and having my entire family there to celebrate with me was the best. Love ya.

Bonnie said...

That was soooo much fun and I was privileged to be there. Thanks Abby for such a fun time! My kids were in Heaven!

Anonymous said...

Hey, it was a pleasure having everyone at our home. I especially liked getting up in the early am to make the pork. I think it turned out much better than last time i tried it. Glenn was more than willing to help out with it. I appreciate any advice i can get. Hope to see more of your familly now with the big move coming up.

Shaney said...

I am sad I didn't get down to hang out with you but it looks like I will be catching up with you soon!!!!

Jordan LaBar said...

Hey Aunt Sharon I had so much fun with you down here and cant wait to see you again!!!