My New Favorite Quote:

"All can walk where Jesus walked when, with His words on our lips, His spirit in our hearts, and His teachings in our lives, we journey through mortality. I would hope that we would walk as he walked with confidence in the future, with an abiding faith in His Father, and with a genuine love for others." President Thomas S. Monson

Tuesday, April 20, 2010

My Boys

Having 4 boys so close together has proved to be somewhat stressful at times, and can I say chaotic? But, for the most part, it is a lot of fun. Heck, I can handle chaotic. I think the hardest part was right after the twins were born. Ammon wasn't even 3 yet. That was 4 little ones under the age of 2. 4 little ones in diapers. Not that we really planned it that way. It just sort of happened. Since I was sort of old (28) when Cory and I got married, my child bearing years were few in number and I wasn't getting any younger. The Lord had His plans and saw fit to bless us with children very quickly, even sending two at one time. I swear He has a sense of humor. Those first few months with newborn twins equaled not a lot of sleep. Top the no sleep with trying to take care of 4 small ones and, well, it's a miracle we're all still here and sane, although the sane part is arguable. Some people, including myself, may think I'm insane, especially for having them all so close.
So, we made it through that part, with the Lord's help. And it's gotten a whole lot easier. Right now, they are all at such a fun age, a little more independant, still very demanding, but dang, they're cute. I wish I could freeze them in time, keep them this age for a little longer. I can honestly say, for me, I love having my boys so close together. You would think that I would often be begging for a break. Only sometimes. I don't often even think of sending them off to a friends to play. It's only when a friend shows up wanting to play that I think, oh yeah, a friend, or two, or three (heck what are three more when you already have four wild ones running around?) might be nice to play with. But they have each other. They are best friends. Most of the time, they play so well together. I love that. Sure there isn't a day that goes by without one or all of them coming to me screaming because someone isn't playing nice. It seems like someone is always in trouble. Yet through it all, I have seen the tender mercies of the Lord. He has blessed me with the cutest, sweetest boys ever. I don't know where I would be without any one of them. Who can resist that little boy, who just moments before was throwing a tantrum and is now out of nowhere proclaiming his love for you? Who can resist the hugs and kisses and the smiles and expressions of gratitude because I fixed them dinner? I love them so much and am so grateful to be the mother of 4 beautiful boys.

1 now let's hear it from you:

Abby said...

I love your 4 little boys too. Zeeky will actually come and give me a hug now. It's the best!! I'm sure it was crazy when they were all little, but I'm also sure it was totally worth it. And let me just say, there's nothing wrong with riding the crazy train for a while. :)