What does this tell you about how often I fix myself up when my kids inquire 'where we goin?' everytime they see me doing my hair.
New goal: To go somewhere every day. 
I think I spent the most time fixing a meal than I ever have. I was up at 2:00 am shredding the pork, and again at 5:00 am to unplug the crockpot. My babies don't even get up that often anymore. What the heck am I still doing it for?! Sure it tasted good for lunch, but next time remind me to start the pork at 9:00 pm, not 9:00 am.
We built the kids a sandbox yesterday. How long do you think the sand will stay in the sandbox? I think half of it is in the bathroom already.



10 now let's hear it from you:
Wasn't conference wonderful?!
My kids have made similar comments before just because I'd tell them to get dressed or because I got dressed. Now that IS sad! :-)
Love ya! :-)
Oh, yeah... I don't know what recipe you did with your pork, but Shauna gave me a really good, super easy recipe for Kahlua Pork last week. Just get a pork butt roast, stick it in the crock pot for 18 hours or so on low with 1 Tbsp. of liquid smoke and 1 Tbsp. of Kosher salt (add a little more if it's a big roast), and shred it when it's done. If you have a fat separator you can use that on the liquid to get rid of some of the fat. It turns out soooo tender and flavorful!!! Wonderful! Anyway... I cooked mine even longer, and it was fine. :-)
Sharon! You are so beautiful! I hear you on the kids asking where are we goin! My kids ask that each time we take a bath. I have to tell them that we take baths to get clean... not to just go somewhere. LOL
Wow! Your pork looks great! Want to share the recipe? I am always needing new ways to cook meat! That really looks fantastic. Oh btw - what the heck are you doing up so much at night? You need your rest! You would think you were the mom of twins or something! LOL ;)
Tami and Cindy, that recipe sounds great. I will have to try it. I did the cafe rio recipe, with Dr. Pepper (yep, Dr. Pepper), brown sugar, taco sauce and cumin. I think Mom sent the recipe out a while ago. The rice is also Cafe Rio.
I know, I know. I was just going to leave the pork to cook, but since I was up with the toddler all night, I tried to follow the recipe instructions. I put the pork on in the morning no realizing it was supposed to cook so long.
Come to my house and bring the food. And the boys. Leave the sand home.
All I had to do was put on shoes for my kids to ask where I was going? WoW
Tami, that pork bum was really good. I got to taste it when Pip was here.
Why is it so hard to want to get dressed for the day. Um lets see, because I don't go anywhere? No one gets to see me all dressed up nice except my husband and kids and why do they care anyway? I know I am kidding myself. I just tell myself those things because I hate putting so much time into myself when there is so much more to do (like blog). Thus, my kids ask me, "where you goin' mom?" when I am getting ready too.
Amen, sista! :-)
You get dressed to go out?? I don't think I even own real clothes any more:) I have to keep cutting my hair off just so that I occasionally do it:) This is my first year on carpool so Brad was very stern with me at the first of the year. He said I could not under any circumstance show up in my pajamas! Come on 2:30 in the afternoon is way to early to get dressed!!
You are a truly dedicated wife and mother! Cooking is definately my weak point. We don't like each other so we try to avoid each other at all cost so I greatly admire someone who would get up so early to do it!! May be I will have to come for lunch some time;)
That is sooo funny! Yes, my kids also ask where we're going if I fix hair and makeup. Why wouldn't they though? 99% of the time, it DOES mean we are going somewhere! Now that I am working in a sweaty greenhouse all the time, I assume I am never fixing hair and makeup ever again...sigh
Shellie
Post a Comment