My New Favorite Quote:

"All can walk where Jesus walked when, with His words on our lips, His spirit in our hearts, and His teachings in our lives, we journey through mortality. I would hope that we would walk as he walked with confidence in the future, with an abiding faith in His Father, and with a genuine love for others." President Thomas S. Monson

Thursday, April 17, 2008

The First Fruits of My Labors

Okay, so this

and this

and this, isn't quite this

But it's still exciting to watch my babies grow everyday.

And, while I don't so much like radishes,

when they come from my own garden, they have never tasted better.

9 now let's hear it from you:

Bonnie said...

This post should be titled, "the first vegetables of my labors."

You really don't like radishes? How did that happen? Don't you remember sitting outside with the S&P shakers and eating them until we turned red (from the color as well as the heat)? They are one of my favorites to this day.

Enjoy! I sure am jealous. We are just barely seeing our plants coming up.

Abby said...

You certainly have a lot more ambition than I have. The fruits of my labors consist of going to buy a bag of carrots and a bag of salad. Oh and don't forget the cans of corn and beans.

Perfect Moments Photography said...

I love, love, love that you have a garden of your own. Isn't it true that one of the reasons we have the best parents in the world is because they grew a yummy garden. They did it out of love for all of us. Even though I never appreciated it much at the time, I crave all of the fresh veggies that came out of our garden

Paul is saying that he will start a small garden for us here soon....we will see!!

I am proud of you sis!!! Enjoy :)

Tamster said...

How fun,PiP! I love to see them growing! We just planted our garden last Sat., so it will probably be awhile.

I don't like radishes either, but Jeremy sure loves them. So he planted some; I sure wouldn't have wasted precious garden space on them, though! ;-) He can have 'em, as far as I'm concerned, cuz I sure don't want 'em! :-)

Tamster said...

Okay, that was really dumb. Sorry, Sharebear. For some dumb reason, I thought I was looking at PiP's blog and wondered why her plants weren't bigger like she'd shown us before. Duh! It wasn't PiP's blog! So sorry! Anyway, I'm happy to see your garden growing! That's so exciting to see the first vegetables of your labors! :-)

Shaney said...

How exciting! I love gardening and miss the space that we had in mona. I have a couple of grow boxes here that I usually plant with tomatoes, cucumbers, and squash. That is about all I can fit in. I am so jealous that you already have vegatables to eat! I will get my plants in hopefully in a couple of weeks:)

Cindy said...

You really have a green thumb! I am jealous! I kill anything I try to grow. Good job!

Wendoyoublog in Colorado said...

I waaaaant some! Will you bring me a radish when I come to Vegas next week?

Wendoyoublog in Colorado said...

x d box