My New Favorite Quote:

"All can walk where Jesus walked when, with His words on our lips, His spirit in our hearts, and His teachings in our lives, we journey through mortality. I would hope that we would walk as he walked with confidence in the future, with an abiding faith in His Father, and with a genuine love for others." President Thomas S. Monson

Sunday, April 6, 2008

Happy Birthday

This one goes out to two people who happen to share the same birthday, the first being none other than my little brother, Jeremy.


I just want to let Jeremy know how much I love him. He kind of got stuck between a lot of girls in the family and was picked on a little, okay, a lot. I will forever regret that I was not more loving and kind to him as we were growing up. It's a good thing for repentence and forgiveness. He is always so thoughtful to keep in touch with everyone, especially on their birthdays. I appreciate it when he calls just to say hi and see how we are doing. I need be better about doing the same. He served an honorable mission to Mexico, where he really grew up and became the good man that he is. He is a good example of a good dad and a good husband. I admire him for working hard and excelling to become a pilot so he could take care of his family. He is a hard worker. He is good at fixing things up.
Jeremy, I love you. I'm so glad that you're my brother. I'm glad you're part of my family. You are awesome. I hope you have a wonderful day.




Okay, now. The next one goes out to Shaney. I bet you didn't think I would remember, did you. Happy birthday, Shaney.

This is her son, not her husband, by the way. Just because he's taller and looks like a man, he's not even a teenager, yet.

Shaney is a long lost friend from my home town. She recently found us and we have reestablished our connection. I'm so grateful for that. She has been such a wonderful example to me. It's been so much fun to catch up. We had a lot of fun times in our highschool and college days. She now has two beautiful children that I hope to be able to meet someday. She has been a good example of faith and love, and it has made me want to be a better person. Her stories are inspiring and thoughtful.

Thank you Shaney for getting in touch and thank you for your friendship. You are an amazing person. I hope you have a wonderful birthday.

11 now let's hear it from you:

JerBear & Co. said...

Happy birthday to me, Happy birthday to me , Happy birthday to Shaney, Happy birthday to us. Thank you Sharbear for your wonderful tribute. I love y'all.

Cindy said...

AWE! Happy Birthday Jeremy!!! and Happy Birthday Shaney!!! It really has been fun being reconnected through blogging. Hope your day is wonderful both of you!

Cindy said...

BTW Sharon, you have a Bday soon too... I am not sure of the exact day so I will wish you a Happy B-day Be it early - I still wish it to you! ;)

Bonnie said...

I was the first to call!!! I even got him out of bed!

Happy birthday little brother!!! How old are you now? Let's see about 28? So that is 2+8=10 minus 1 equals 9 and that is divisible by 3, (and don't tell the others but you are among the top 3 of my favorite brothers) so here is 3 great things I love about you...

I love you because:
1. You are the only one who could get my feet off the ground, literally. I would never have climbed into a little box of a plane to go high up off the ground for anyone but you. Yeah, that was REALLY hard to do, but I did it and it was unforgettable and wonderful! I might do it again sometime. Thanks!
2. You always remember me on my birthday, Christmas, Easter, Thanksgiving, anniversary, 4th of July, St. Patrick's day, Halloween, and the list goes on. My kids think the world of you and love it when you remember their birthdays and everything else too. They all look forward to their call. It really means a lot to them. Thanks!
3. You are a great example to me of love and forgiveness. I was unusually mean to you when you were little and you still love me. Thanks for forgiving me. Someday I will make myself forget how mean I was so you can too. ;)
Thanks!

Happy Birthday! I love you sooooo much! Hope to see you in blogland more. I really miss you.

Bonnie said...

Shaney,
Ok, I will admit that I forgot you guys shared the same B-day! But I do remember now clearly!

Happy Birthday. The best present you could give me is being back in our lives. Thanks!

Have a wonderful day!

Tamster said...

Happy Birthday, Jeremy and Shaney! That is kind of interesting that they share the same b-day. Jeremy also shares the same b-day with one of my best friend's husband, just one year apart. What's even funnier is that her b-day is the day before mine, same year, and then we married guys with same b-day. Anyway, it's a small world.
Thanks, Sharon, for doing this. I was going to do something on our blog but was planning on waiting until later in the day, but I don't think I could top this.
Thank you, Bon, for your comments too and for your phone call this morning. That meant a lot to him. He hasn't read these comments yet, but it made me cry. I'm sure he'll appreciate it.
Thanks again, everyone! :-)

Tamster said...

Oh, yeah, Cindy--Sharon's is the 12th (Saturday)! But, shhh, don't tell her I told you! ;-)

shauna said...

Feliz cumpleanos--is that how you say it? If not, blame Dora the explora.

Hope you day will be wonderful. I missed a lot of your growing up years 'cause I'm SO much older than you but I do remember changing your diapers. Does that count? I'm remembering that I was always kind and loving and never scolded you while you were wiggling around during said diaper changes. I always used the sweetest voice even when you got into my special drawer. I never interferred when you and a younger sibling exchanged words or blows. I was the best big sister. Am I remembering things right?

Happy bday.

And to Shaney too. I never changed your diapers, but I was probably old enough to.

Shaney said...

Happy birthday Jermey! I forgot that we were fortunate enough to share the same day! I hope you have a great day and I am so jealous of the great family that you have a blessing to be a part of!

Sharon thank you so much for remembering!! I don't know that I would be able to do the same. I wish I had a memory. I could blame it on old age but then you would be in the same boat in a couple of days wouldn't you;) I am so glad that you have crossed my mind so many times and especially for the promptings of the spirit that inspired me to reconnect. We have so many things that we can learn from each other and I think that our examples to each other with lift us during the hard times.

Thanks to everyone else for your well wishes!

HuckFinnsMom said...

Love you Jerbear! It was great talking to you last night. Happy Birthday- this is the only year you can say you are 29 truthfully. You will want to say it every year from here on out- but this year it won't be a big fat lie!
Shellie

Perfect Moments Photography said...

Happy birthday bro....a few days late. I hope that it was a good one for you!! Happy late b-day to you miss Shaney!! :)