Baby sitter #1: $8 for 2 1/2 hours

Baby sitter # 2: free
Mexican food: $30

Date with Hubby: Priceless
Or was it really worth it? You tell me. First, we can't just hire one babysitter to take care of all four boys. It's a good thing for great neighbors who understand our plight and offer to watch the twins for free. We had a great time doubling with another couple. Dinner may and may not have been worth the $30, but the company was great. When we got home, instead of finishing off a nice evening cuddling with hubby, or going to bed early, the boys are so overly tired that they are unreasonable at this point and by the time we got them to settle down and go to sleep, it was almost midnight and I'm not in a great mood. By this time I'm wondering if it's really worth the effort of finding babysitters and dealing with screaming kids just to get a moment to ourselves.
Date night doesn't happen very often around here.
I would like to thank Kelsie and the great neighbors for taking great care of our little ones for us so that we could go out and have a great time.



6 now let's hear it from you:
Date night doesn't happen often enough for us either, and we don't have the same problem you do. I know Britt has had similar problems with needing two babysitters w/ her then 7 children/twin babies (now 8 kids), so it would be an expensive babysitting job--needless to say, it didn't happen often enough for them. I hate trying to find a babysitter. We have some new friends here now who I think we'll be doing babysitting swaps with, and that should make things easier.
I'm glad you got to go out. You need it, even if it is a pain afterwards. :-)
You should have kept the free babysitter ALL night.
Hope you got a nap today!
Mango would like to know if she can come and play with your puppy?
Only $8 dollars for babysitting? You do have it good. That is what I would have gotten paid 15 years ago. I haven't had to pay a babysitter for about 3 years now, but when I did it was more like $30 bucks to go for the night. Granted we had 5 kids and we did not do it often! I love having a 12-year-old! But she is being whisked away to other babysitting jobs every weekend and so I am training Brandon now. I just can't bring myself to pay for a babysitter ever again!
PIP, You bet ya, Mango can come play with my dog. She may get clobbered, though. Chance is getting big and has a ton of energy.
Bon, I have no idea what the going rate is for babysitting now. We usually pay more than that. We paid $27 one night for three babysitters. I guess we were cheap last night. That and she had her brother there, too.
Ugh, i do remember the double babysitter days. It is also true that the money you pay for babysitting isn't the end...you then pay you time to the children. Either you need to get them to bed, or the next day they only want you ALL the time.
Still dates are my sanity saver..we used to have them every week and in a few years, we'll have enough of our own babysitters to be back to every week.
Date nights for us are few and far between. We were lucky to squeeze in a quick visit to Apollo Burger Saturday night while my mom watched the kids.
Nowadays, date night means getting a babysitter for the older two and keeping the little ones with us. Hey, at least it's a little relief!
Post a Comment