Today is a special day in the Morrill family. Today we celebrate the resurrection of our Savior and His victory over death. Because of his great sacrifice, we can all live again and return to the presence of our Heavenly Father. This is a really neat time of the year when Spring is coming (or should be) and everything is coming back to life. We went to St. George this weekend to visit some of our old friends and neighbors and it is warm and beautiful and green there right now. It was fun to see it. I'm so grateful for my Savior and all that he has done for me.
Another special event today is my sweetie's birthday. I won't tell you how old she is, but my birthday is in February and I'm currently 31 years old. Sharon is two months short of being 4 years older than me. You do the math, but I didn't tell you her age. I think it's very appropriate for Sharon's birthday to be on this special day. I don't think it was an accident that Sharon's birthday is during this special time of year. She is such a wonderful example of a good person who sincerely tries to follow the Savior. Sharon goes out of her way to be kind to others and to be like the Savior. Sharon always notices people who are having a hard time and tries to help. We have a brother in our Ward who lives alone and just moved to Utah. Sharon has wanted to invite him over for dinner because she recognizes he's alone in a new place and is probably feeling lonely. She is so considerate and thoughtful.
I don't think Sharon has blogged this yet. For her birthday, she got some cool lights to put on the wall around her favorite picture. The colors match the picture real well and the lights look great. She got this about a week ago and it looks real nice.
But we figured we still better get her something, so we got her a singing card and a DVD to watch. Ammon and Sam were excited to give her a present. Isaac and Ben couldn't have cared less. They were busy watching Signing Time. (See them in the background?)
Matt and Abby were over here last night for dinner and a movie. Abby went and got Sharon a birthday cake and we sang and ate cake last night. Abby's so thoughtful and considerate. It was sure a lot of fun. Happy Birthday Sharon!! I hope you have a great day!! Thank you for being a part of our lives and for brightening everything you are around! Happy Easter to everybody. May we remember our Lord's sacrifice and receive the great blessings available from His perfect love.



12 now let's hear it from you:
Hayyp to you! Nice post Cory. My hubby wouldn't know how to hack into mine. Nice tribute to Sharon and the Savior.
I like the temple picture. That has been a fave for a while.
I hope your day is great and I am glad you got a birthday cake. Happy Easter.
Happy Birthday Sharon!!! I miss you! Hope you have a great year! And, don't worry, you're still not OLD...
Happy Birthday, Sharon! I was too lazy to do the math, so I am assuming you are 21. Have a great Birthday and a Happy Easter! love, the Howards
Happy Birthday. I hope you get loved and pampered. Oh, and get a lot of "little boy" kisses. Have a good one. It was nice to be all together yesterday.
Happy Birthday Sharon! I have been saying that and Happy Easter all day long! So many of my friends have a birthday today it is crazy! Anyway I hope you have had a great day with many blessings!
Happy birthday, Sharon!! How sweet of your husband to hijack your blog to pay tribute to you on your birthday. I hope you had a wonderful day.
Wow. Who knew that Cory was so articulate. We're glad to have you in the family. You've been a joy since the first time that we met you (and your grandma). Happy birthday!!
Happy Happy Birthday to an incredible daughter. So Matt knows all about your grandma. Hmmm-WoW
That was a wibdeful tribute. Look I just made a new word. I don't think I'll correct it. I am going to say it means fabulous, amazing, terrific, generous, kind, thoughtful, beautiful...
Sharon is wibdeful and it looks like her wibdeful husband and wibdeful children helped her have a wibdeful birthday.
Happy Late Birthday Sharon! I love your picture of the Temple! Please share where you found it -- or did you take it? You're an amazing person and I miss you oodles. My little sis is moving to Provo and we hope to make more trips to Utah in the future -- I'll drop a line!
Well Happy Be-lated Birthday Cute Girl!!!! I LOVE your picture! What a sweet hubby to write such a thoughtful post. Have I told you how adorable you and your family are??? Hope you had a great day!!
Happy late birthday! I hope it was a great one. When did you change your blog name? I missed that...with my crazy week last week! P.S. - I did the math :) But don't worry...I'm older than my hubby too (and you, as well!) I've decided age is all relative (except when Joshua starts counting my gray hairs!)
Post a Comment