My New Favorite Quote:

"All can walk where Jesus walked when, with His words on our lips, His spirit in our hearts, and His teachings in our lives, we journey through mortality. I would hope that we would walk as he walked with confidence in the future, with an abiding faith in His Father, and with a genuine love for others." President Thomas S. Monson

Wednesday, March 11, 2009

My new pelmeni maker

As I've said before, there are lots of memories associated with the senses. Taste is one of those that brings back memories for me. Particularly food from my mission.  

pelmeni_with_creem

I had a friend from my mission over here a couple of weeks ago and we (mostly she) made some pelmeni (the Russian equivalent to American ravioli). Ahhh, the memories it brought back. She happened to buy her pelmeni maker while in Russia. I would have never thought to do that. Now, 13 years later, I wish I would have. You can't find those here (maybe somewhere back east, who knows).

Imagine my surprise when I found out I could find them online. Ebay, baby! That's all I can say. So, it may have cost a little extra for the shipping from the Ukraine, but soooo worth it.

So, the award goes to Abby and Ferrill. They were the ones who guessed correctly. Pictured below is my new pelmeni maker (Ferrill, my neighbor, cheated by moving her mouse across the picture that I labeled 'pelmeni maker' when I saved it on the computer). Can you tell I'm a little excited about it's arrival??? It didn't take long at all. I'm also excited to share a little taste of my mission with all of you. If any of you happen to come to my house for lunch or dinner, I may just serve you up some yummy pelmeni with a little dab of butter, sour cream, salt and pepper, or ketchup. I may even try to find one of those sweet table cloths (like the one in the picture) to give you the full effect. So Russian. It may not have the same meaning for you as it does for me, but I think you will love them, anyway. They really are delicious.

4 now let's hear it from you:

Abby said...

Sweet! Pelmeni here I come. Can I brink the hubby and kids along with me?

Bonnie said...

Count us in too! They were so yummy. My brain is already concocting different things to put in them. Your hesitancy at the possibility of ruining a good thing will only deter me for a moment. We will create amazing things with it. Just you wait and see...

OUR CHAOTIC CLAN said...

Oh Yum!!! My friend's son just got called to Russia. What was the name of your mission??? I'm sooooo glad you finally got a maker. They look seriously mouth watering. Perhaps you could share the recipe if it's not top secret.

Wendoyoublog in Colorado said...

I was totally going to guess that but Abby beat me to it. Now, what is it again????