My New Favorite Quote:

"All can walk where Jesus walked when, with His words on our lips, His spirit in our hearts, and His teachings in our lives, we journey through mortality. I would hope that we would walk as he walked with confidence in the future, with an abiding faith in His Father, and with a genuine love for others." President Thomas S. Monson

Saturday, March 21, 2009

Crafty, Crafty

I don't know what it is lately, but I've had this crafting bug. Lest  anyone think this is normal for me, I say unto you, nay, it is not normal for me (That's what Super Saturdays are for. Once a year I can go and pretend like I'm miss crafty and bring home lots of cute, creative stuff that someone else thought of). I don't know. Maybe it's because I am wanting to decorate and make my home feel like mine. Or maybe it's when I and my little sister see some fancy-schmancy decorative thing we like, she seems to think we can make it instead of buy it. Whatever it is, I've got the bug. Since I'm having so much fun, I've decided to share it with you, my readers.

Yes, I'm going to do it. I'm giving away one of these:alpacas and blocks 024 alpacas and blocks 027alpacas and blocks 031

And yes I made these, but no, the idea did not come from my not-so-creative brain. Super Saturday, remember! Someone else thought these cute things up and I liked them so much I figured they were easy enough to make, I could make plenty more of them at home. They make a great gift. Anyway, the wood comes from Home Depot. The vinyl comes from Lisa's Vinyl Creations (also found on my sidebar), and the saying comes from President Monson's Oct. 2008 conference talk.

Do you want one? Here's what you have to do. Are you ready for the catch? Here it is. There is none. Just leave me a comment about how much you love these (or whatever the heck you want), and I will draw a name from those comments. I will give this one week from today's date. You don't have to have a blog to comment. If you don't like these and don't want one, leave a comment anyway (just don't tell me you don't like them). Maybe you know someone who's having a birthday soon. Don't worry if you live far away. I will send it to you on the slow boat to China in the mail. The winner gets to choose from one of the colors above. They can even mix and match, if they want. So, let your friends know (or don't. Your odds of winning may go down if you do that) I'm giving something away. Who knows, if I get enough comments, I may give away more than one.

15 now let's hear it from you:

Sassy said...

Sharon, those are adorbale. You did a great job. Don't put me in the drawing though, I wouldn't want you to have to ship it to Ohio. Plus, we are moving, so we are getting rid of things. Aaron would not be happy with me if more stuff keeps ariving in the mail!! I just wanted you to know that I think they are cute!

Bonnie said...

Those did turn out darling! I am going to have to make some now too! Don't put me in the drawing, although you could because I never win anything ANYWAY. EVER! Ok I feel better. Really, though, I already have one and I want someone else to have one too.

THE KNELL CREW said...

Sharon- Don't you just love other peoples crafty ideas! I love to be crafty but I have to admit it makes it easier to have ideas from someone else :)then you can always put your own twist to it! Now that I have said all of that those are truly adorable. I still need to get your email because my blog is private, but I check yours often to see how you all are. I miss seeing you now and then for your hair and catching up. Drop me an email @ nknell77@gmail.com type to you soon! Natalie ;)

Lisa said...

Ok, I'm a big fan of the vinyl...so I love them. And, I love seeing how you are doing on the blog. If I did win, I could pick it up in Utah when I come this summer...so it would save postage, ha ha...can't wait!

Wendoyoublog in Colorado said...

Way cute. It looks like moms "jeans" are coming through, even if a little late. (Do you ever think we will see mom in jeans?)

Stephanie said...

Sharon, those are super cute and I'm dang proud of you for being crafty! I'm about the same--the only crafts I do are from Super Saturday or a scrapbook expo class! The problem is that about 80% of them never get finished and they're stuffed away somewhere! Congrats on finishing so many cute projects! It was fun seeing you guys at the Temple. We need to do a BBQ this summer or something.

Jordan LaBar said...

Hey Aunt Sharon,
Those are really cute!!!! So you know its been awhile since i got a call to come babysit!!! LOL well love you
love yur niece, jordan

Janelle said...

Hey, those are so cute. Sometimes it's fun to learn to do something new. We need to all get together again soon. It has been forever since we have seen you guys! Maybe if I win your drawing we'll have to meet somewhere. =-)They did turn out soooo cute!We' ll catch you guy's later.

Hugs from mom said...

Way to go! I'm proud of you. Those look great. Enter me for the drawing - you wouldn't even have to ship it! Does that increase my chances? :) If I don't win, maybe I'll just have to copy your idea.

OUR CHAOTIC CLAN said...

Sharon!! Those are ultra cute!! I love them! I lack big time in the creative department, but I so enjoy looking at other's clever concoctions. I like your color choices, they would all look great on my shelves! (sly grin)

Abby said...

I like the black one. It looks like you guys had fun making them. That is always the part I like - getting together and laughing and talking. It's the best. By the way, my mom LOVED the pelmeni, my dad even ate it!!

Lee Family said...

Sharon those are so cute!! I haven't done anything with vinyl. (Someday when we have $ I want to buy a Cricut for scrapbooking & if I get the big one it will cut vinyl and do cool stuff like that...but that'll be ages). Anyway, these are very cute. I'd love to be entered in your drawing (and if I won, maybe you could hook up with my sister in Payson and she could bring it with her in a couple of weeks :))

Julie Barney said...

Pick me! Pick me!
I'm so glad you found me on Facebook and then I found your blog from there. I hope all is well with you and your family. I will be peek'n in on you!

Matt said...

Put me in for the drawing eh? They look great!

HuckFinnsMom said...

OK, is it too late? Cause I've not been blog reading lately, and now I am here to do it all at once, and I WANT one... (need I remind you who your favorite sister is?) Love you!! soooo much!! more than anyone else...more than infinity...