Another school year has begun. We got our first week down. Yay! It's a whole new experience this year for the boys. Their school has completely changed their teaching methods and curriculum. And they have all new staff. It will be interesting to see how the year progresses. I'm nervous and stressed about it. It's not easy having four young boys coming home every day with homework that I have to help them all with. To top it off, they are all doing piano now. And for this month of Sept. they are also all playing soccer. It makes for a busy schedule. We leave before 8:00 every morning to catch the bus and pick them up at the bus stop at 4:00. I try to get them to sit right down and get homework out of the way before we head to piano, or soccer. I have to plan ahead for a dinner in between there. I hope I can keep up. Ziki is having a hard time with school. He and Ben are not in the same class this year. I think it's hard on him. I was impressed with Sam last week, though. The second day of school, Ziki was putting up a fight about going to school. Sam, who doesn't like school and had a hard time the last two years going to school, became Ziki's cheerleader. He told Ziki it would be okay. That he didn't want to go to school the day before, but he did anyway and he liked it. And then he cheered him on as he helped put his clothes on and tie his shoes. Melt my heart! Sam has always had a big heart that way. I love my boys and hope and pray that they will have a good school year. I also hope that they will remember who they are. That they will be confident in their abilities and with who they are. They are good boys. I am so blessed to be their mother. I learn so much from their resilience. I couldn't be more proud of them.
My New Favorite Quote:
"All can walk where Jesus walked when, with His words on our lips, His spirit in our hearts, and His teachings in our lives, we journey through mortality. I would hope that we would walk as he walked with confidence in the future, with an abiding faith in His Father, and with a genuine love for others." President Thomas S. Monson
Monday, September 2, 2013
First week of school down
reporting live Here at home at 4:35 AM


