Today we celebrate our declaration of independence from England. It would take many more years, lots of bloodshed and many other sacrifices before our America would at last be free and it's own government established. But it was the yearning for freedom from oppression and tyranny in the hearts of righteous men and women whom God saw fit to place on the earth at that time that lead our country to it's total and complete indepedence. When you think about 13 small fledgling colonies struggling to make it on their own, fighting in a war against the most powerful country on earth, there is no way they could have done so without divine intervention. There were many miracles that brought us victory in the Revolutionary War, in the drafting of the constition and the forming of our nation. God had and still has a plan for this country. It was given to us by Him. It's founding fathers understood this and attribute everything they did for this country to inspiration and divine guidence from above. The very principles of the constitution that was inspired and drafted by those men who understood freedom were founded on are the same principles of freedom that we fought for in the preexistence and that we still fight for today. Every man is free to act for himself. This is a God given right. Indeed we are blessed to live in a country where we are free to worship as we please, where we are free to act for ourselves. Imagine where we would be today without those brave men and women who layed down their lives fighting to free us from bondage. Imagine if those men who put their lives on the line by declaring our indepedence, by meeting in a small room in Philidelphia didn't care or have the courage to carry through with their desires for freedom. What are we doing today to honor those men and womens sacrifice to preserve those freedoms?
I am so grateful to be living in the greatest country on earth. We are indeed a beacon, a light on a hill to all nations. I am grateful for inspired men and women who were led by God - Christopher Columbus, George Washington, Thomas Jefferson, Benjamin Franklin, Betsy Ross, to name just a few. I LOVE OUR COUNTRY and am ever grateful to all of those who have fought to keep and preserve our most important God given right - FREEDOM!
My New Favorite Quote:
"All can walk where Jesus walked when, with His words on our lips, His spirit in our hearts, and His teachings in our lives, we journey through mortality. I would hope that we would walk as he walked with confidence in the future, with an abiding faith in His Father, and with a genuine love for others." President Thomas S. Monson
Sunday, July 4, 2010
One Nation Under God
reporting live Here at home at 3:17 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)



3 now let's hear it from you:
I feel absolutely the same, Sharon.
I know that Heavenly Father is very loving and protective of this country, as it is His Special Promised Land that He has been saving for His faithful servants (and visited Himself), and is now preparing for His glorious Son to dwell in when the time comes. It is a sacred place where the Lord's City (the New Jerusalem) will be built in THIS dispensation.
I know that this is the land of peace, abundance, liberty and freedom. I am so grateful that all those noble people fulfilled their callings, and certainly hope we can do our part.
As someone born outside of the US I feel especially honored to have been given the privilege of becoming an American. I LOVE my new country, and hope to fulfill my purpose of being here.
God Bless America! I LOVE that our founding father's were God fearing men. So inspiring to continue to be God fearing, in this ever changing world.
I love our country!! I know that it is God's promised land!! Great blog.
Post a Comment