My New Favorite Quote:

"All can walk where Jesus walked when, with His words on our lips, His spirit in our hearts, and His teachings in our lives, we journey through mortality. I would hope that we would walk as he walked with confidence in the future, with an abiding faith in His Father, and with a genuine love for others." President Thomas S. Monson

Tuesday, May 20, 2008

104 Whaaaaaaaattttt!

Don't mind me if I throw a little temper tantrum, but how can I send my kids outside to play when it's a blasting 104 degrees outside!!! It's only the middle of May for crying out loud. Do we really have to put up with this for 5 more months? I'm ready to pack up and move. Wendy, can I buy your house? Is there anyone in, say, Montana, Wisconson, Canada, or anyone in the more northern hemisphere that would like to house swap for a few months? I can't take this heat. I'll take the cold, just please, don't make me do this. This is when enduring to the end really means something. Hum, I guess I could look at it this way, though. If I endure to the end, I won't have to endure the kind of heat I might face if I don't, right?
That doesn't mean I have to like it.

10 now let's hear it from you:

Abby said...

I'm with you. Give me 70 degrees year round. Where is is 70 degrees year round? San Diego, beachfront property. Shall I book you a chateau as well?

Bonnie said...

Come on up here for the rest of the week. We get to go from 90 down to the low 60s! again. Arg! Spring are you out there somewhere? No, the low 60s do not feel good enough. I want 70s!

Bonnie said...

But I'll take 60s over 104. Enjoy!

Here at home said...

Abby, I'll take the chateau.
Bon, 60 degrees sound fine to me.

Tamster said...

Are you sure it wasn't a temperATURE tantrum? Hehehehehe!!!

I prefer 70s as well. There is a reason I'm okay with having moved from AZ. 104 (or even worse 120) is definitely at the top of any list of reasons NOT to live there!!! I'm sorry that where you live runs along those lines as well, but you chose to live there, you know!!! ;-) I feel for you; I really do. We have been in the 90s this week, though the current temp. right now is a beautiful 72 degrees!!! :-) Unfortunately, however, it will not stay that nice perfect temp.; we'll be in the high 80s today and tomorrow before going back up to the 90s again. AZ is actually going to be significantly cooler than here; quite a twist! Of course, any of these predictions could change in an instant, seeing as earlier this week we were supposedly going to be in the high 90s today. I believe it when I see it when it comes to weather predictions around here!

I am strongly in agreement, however, that 70s (around 75 or so) are perfect, and I'd definitely take that over 104!

I hate to disappoint you, though, but San Diego is not 70 degrees year round. They do have very nice weather there typically, however, just not always 70! :-) I'm sure you'd still enjoy the chateau regardless!

Stay cool! You can come visit me if you want! We're at least cooler than 104! :-)

Bonnie said...

It's 35 degrees and snowing here. :( Want come over?

Here at home said...

yeah, it cooled down to the 60s yesterday. Man, it felt good. Crazy weather!

shauna said...

Hey cry baby, it was 110 here on that day.

Here's something to cry about--the 60 degree drop in temp that we are enjoying now. Crying for joy. Thought that was the beginning of the "hot til October" weather. Whew.

Wendoyoublog in Colorado said...

Summers in Ak....gotta love em. 60's and 70's....on a good summer.

Come on over, you buy my house...I will put a sold sign out. I hope you are serious...I am tired of living in a clean house already!

DrGooch said...

If I had a house in St George, and I had a house in Hell... I'd sell the house in St George and move to Hell. Awww now. C'mon. You only have to hide from the heat for a couple months. And the sun shines all the time--no S.A.D. Just happy happy all the time. :)