I'd kinda' like to know who the mother is around here cuz I'm feeling a little outnumbered here. I may not know what it's like to have a girl, but I certainly know what it's like to have all my boys think they're the mom. They sound so much like me. I can't stand it.
First we have Ammon who's all of a sudden copping this attitude from out of nowhere. "Whatever, Mom!" is his favorite new phrase. Don't know where that came from. I know I have not taught him that. We also have, "it doesn't matter, Mom." Words right out of my mouth.
Then we have Sam the enforcer (bully is more like it). There's, "Mom, you get soap in your mouth." Sound familiar? Or just today it was, "I can do whatever I want, Mom." Hum, really? Since when! Don't know how many times I've told him he's not the boss.
At least the twins seem to know who the mom is. The best was Ziki, "Mom, Ben bathroom. Ben spanking, Mom." I never knew tattle telling started so young. I'm just glad he knew it was my job to enforce the rules, not that I ever spank my kids, ahem (please don't call DCFS on me). They are quite the little parrots, though. There's me, "Sam, corner! Now!" Ben and Ziki, "Sam, corner! Now!" Hum, maybe they don't know who the mom is.
I think it's time for a new mom strategy. Don't know what that is, yet. I'm still working on it. I'll let you know when I've got perfect kids and I'm the perfect mom. Meanwhile, I just need to figure out how become the mom, again.
My New Favorite Quote:
"All can walk where Jesus walked when, with His words on our lips, His spirit in our hearts, and His teachings in our lives, we journey through mortality. I would hope that we would walk as he walked with confidence in the future, with an abiding faith in His Father, and with a genuine love for others." President Thomas S. Monson
Wednesday, July 15, 2009
Excuse me! Who's the mother around here, anyway!
reporting live Here at home at 8:51 AM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)



3 now let's hear it from you:
Ahh... glad it is not just my imps! All day long I hear my own commands parroted back, in the same progression, no less: "I said No!" "When I say No, I mean No!" and finally "Time out - three minutes." Do you remember trying to usurp your parents' authority? (To their face, anyway?) What a cheeky new generation... Stay strong! If all else fails, you can always sit on them. (Not much they can do about that... for now, at least.)
That is quite the predicament, but you're probably a better mom than me, so keep plugging away.
One Montra: "Mom is the boss of this house".
Post a Comment