My New Favorite Quote:

"All can walk where Jesus walked when, with His words on our lips, His spirit in our hearts, and His teachings in our lives, we journey through mortality. I would hope that we would walk as he walked with confidence in the future, with an abiding faith in His Father, and with a genuine love for others." President Thomas S. Monson

Monday, May 4, 2009

Dandelions and other noxious weeds

With the fall of man, the Lord saw fit to curse the earth with thorns and thistles and other noxious weeds, including dandelions. I guess it has something to do with opposition in all things. The good, the bad, the beautiful, the ugly.  To adults, they are the bane of our existence, creeping up in our lush green lawns, pretty flowerbeds, and everywhere else we don't want them. We have a tendency do everything we can to get rid of the ugly in an effort to keep our yards beautiful.

To little kids, there's not much difference between this puppy and dandelions 038

and this

puppy and dandelions 042

So, for now, as long as my kids are bringing me these

puppy and dandelions 043

and not these

puppy and dandelions 040

I will be happy to leave the ugly puppy and dandelions 041

in my lawn.

I just hope it will be a while before they start to wonder where all those flowers are they brought to Mom.

6 now let's hear it from you:

OUR CHAOTIC CLAN said...

Sharon, how funny you would post this. My husband and I were just having a discussion about dandelions last night. He was rather tearful about the abundance of them in our grass and I had just finished telling him how much I love them. hehehehe It's so true how our little kids don't see the difference between the flowers. They think they have just brought us the finest bouquet ever. If only they would pick them with a little bit longer stems so we could put them in a glass to display instead of a bowl to float in. Either way I still love them..... :D

Abby said...

Bailee LOVES picking those puppies and brining them in to me. It's great. Hopefully they won't catch on. Nice.

Unknown said...

I ♥ a field of dandelions...just not in my yard!!

Wendoyoublog in Colorado said...

pay em a penny for each one they pick. Pick em while they are yellow, or you'll have more than you need to keep them busy.

That was one of the best keep em busy activities I could give my boys outside.

Curly Q's...remember? Yellow noses too. Fun stuff.

shauna said...

Sounds like a perfect situation. They think they are giving you the best, when actually they are leaving your best flowers alone. You must gush over their thoughtfulness and maybe they won't have so many to pick next year.

Matt said...

I tried to get Bailee to pick all of the dandelions in our lawn. She did pretty good for a little bit, but then i think she just lost interest. Don't worry, a shot of 2-4-D will take care of them. :)